Re: Web Payments Interest Group Charter draft ready for review

I think people mix-up the underlying requirements of parsing Web-Payments
between private systems (ie: banking platforms) and the needs of
Web-Systems to support Web-Pages / Web-Services incorporating
Web-Payments...

Banking systems, sophisticated cryptography systems, Contracts and other
'commercial IPR' (and related) is certainly done in private.

I believe these types of 'private systems' are outside of scope for the
Web-Payments Standards Work.  I therefore believe that although some
discussion will be had aside public works; the standards works should be
both transparent and public overall.

I fail to understand how the best possible outcome could be achieved by
undertaking this project privately; nor, do i understand why or what
elements within the standards work could require confidentiality and/or a
private forum in which to produce a web-user-centric standard for general
purpose use.

I therefore believe that the undertaking should be public.

Perhaps, as a side note; an exclusion list could be defined in such a way
as to ensure the scope is well defined, that the cohesive structure of an
end-to-end web-payments system can and will be produced, and
acknowledgement of areas where 3rd party integration may occur (utilising
technology / systems developed in private) in a manner that is supportive
of the intent, to establish a web-payment standard that is open, akin to
the benefits of HTML / HTTP for Internet Protocol Data, Publishing &
Communications systems.