Re: Strong authentication for PayPal versus WebPayments

On 7 May 2014 07:47, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please, this posting is about strong authentication from a technical point
> of view and
> has nothing to do with linked data etc...
>
> PayPal is a member of the FIDO alliance, the SDO behind U2F.  U2F is
> optimized and
> architected for SOP (Same Origin Policy) operation which makes it a
> perfect fit for
> super-providers like PayPal, Google and Facebook.
>
> The problem as I see it, is that there are no counterparts to U2F for the
> "distributed web".
> Well, actually there are, but the issue haven't really been recognized yet
> :-)

Some interesting comments re: paypal

ebay CEO "We think Bitcoin will play a very important role in the future.
Exactly how that plays out, and how we can best take advantage of it and
enable it with PayPal, that's something we're actively considering. It's on
our radar screen."

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m05/i14/s01