Re: 12 hours left for "Web Identity" rename poll

On 3/14/14 2:23 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 03/14/2014 01:40 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> >How did you arrive at the current poll options?
> They've either been suggested on list in the past or during the last
> telecon and supported by at least two people:
>
> https://web-payments.org/minutes/2014-03-05/#topic-2
>
>> >What about: Web Identity Credentials, for instance?
> It was mentioned at one point, but considered too much of a mouthful.
>
> The spec name isn't set in stone, we just needed to change it because
> people were complaining about confusion between the names WebID and Web
> Identity. Choosing Web Identity Credentials would reintroduce that
> confusion (because of the use of "Web Identity" in the name).
>
> -- manu

You can have a three word spec name, and a two world short-name or
slang/colloquialism. Methinks, it will end up being "Identity
Credentials" but this is supposedly scoped to the Web, due its W3C
community grounding, hence the Web Identity Credentials suggestion.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO