Re: "Web Identity" -> "Web Credentials"

On 3/13/14 7:14 PM, Michael J. Williams wrote:
> actually, there's no reason "verified credentials" couldn't be applied
> to a Thing. maybe i want to cryptographically verify that a book in my
> hypothetical library is at the given location.
>
> in this case it really has nothing to do with identity (only
> in-so-far-as a linked-data document refers to and describes something)
> and everything to do with cryptographically verified properties in a
> linked-data document.
>
> cheers!
> Michael

You can cryptographically verify an entire universe of things, in any
manner you choose. If you want said verification to work like the Web,
then look to what I am demonstrating to you re. WebID and TLS, using
what's already an integral part of the Web :-)

This is all about making PKI web-like and then meshing it with logic,
which is also woven into the Web etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen