Re: "Web Identity" -> "Web Credentials"

On 3/13/14 6:51 PM, Michael J. Williams wrote:
> > 1. identity -- nebulous entity "You"
> > 2. identifiers -- an HTTP URI that denotes "You"
> > 3. identification -- a document about "You" at a location denoted by
> an HTTP URL
> > 4. authentication -- a protocol used to verify the claims made in
> the document about "You"
> > 5. trust -- the things that "You" can do or provide to others, based
> on "Your" identity being verifiable.
>
> +1
>
> > Loosely speaking, In Foaf you have a Person, and you have a the
> super class which is an Agent which can be a robot, human, group or
> corporation.
> > The super class of Agent I think is a "Thing".
> > "Agent" itself is not tied to foaf in the Web Identity spec, it
> seems to be more or less the same thing you are saying.
> > When you say the definition is too narrow, what type of things would
> be an Identity and not an Agent?
>
> i think the "verified credentials" under discussion should be fields
> of information in the document describing an Agent, whether a Person,
> Organization, or whatever.
>
> my identification is available at http://dinosaur.is/#i.

You are denoted by the WebID: <http://dinosaur.is/#i>
<http://dinosaur.is/#i>

You are identified by the claims that comprise the document denoted by
the HTTP URL: <http://dinosaur.is/> <http://dinosaur.is/#i>
<http://dinosaur.is/#i>
> here's the info in JSON-LD
> (http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/extract?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdinosaur.is%2F%23i&format=json).
> this standard should allow me to add cryptographically verifiable
> information to my existing identification document.
>
> what am i missing?

1. Relations (comprehensible to both humans and machines) that associate
<http://dinosaur.is/#i> <http://dinosaur.is/#i> and
<http://dinosaur.is/> <http://dinosaur.is/#i>
2. If you preference in HTML some indication e.g., via <link/> relation
in <head/> as to locations of documents that provide content reflecting
the relation above.

Try this:
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com:8000/vapour?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdinosaur.is%2F%23i&acceptJsonLD=1&validateRDF=1&defaultResponse=dontmind&userAgent=vapour.sourceforge.net

This is a simple example of a test of relation comprehension based on
entity relations represented in a variety of content formats.

My example sequence:

[1]
<http://id.myopenlink.net/public_home/KingsleyUyiIdehen/Public/YouID/IDcard_Google_140306_170653/index.html#.UyJJ8v0vGId>
-- Identity Card URL

[2] http://bit.ly/1cG0VKe -- entity relation semantics coherence test
and verification (leveraging Semantic Web of Linked Data delivered via
HTML+Microdata based document content)

[3] http://bit.ly/1f3hh4c -- ditto via JSON-LD document

[4] http://bit.ly/1fKn8N0 -- ditto via Turtle document .

Kingsley