Re: Have you all seen this?

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:
> David,  There's no mystery to the difference between an official
> central bank and a separate official government agency that looks
> after various printing and coinage operations.

Right. So MintChip isn't a currency as such, it is rather a method of
storing and transferring good old CAD. Or other. The protocol in the
2012 kits had eight bits reserved for currency specification, with
just 0x01 defined, as CAD. In my opinion that isn't enough bits for a
future with myriad first-class currencies.

Completely opposed to Liberty Dollars, which is (was?) it's own thing,
deliberately branded to appear official. Let us speak no more of that
and I apologize for having brought it up.

> I think this thread is off-topic for this list, however.

The question on the floor, as I understand it, is, "Is MintChip a
'cryptocurrency'?" and, if one accepts either or both of "MintChip is
not a currency, it is a technology" and "MintChip is not a currency,
it's simply Canadian Dollars" the answer is clearly "No."

--
"Sing, cuckoo, sing.
Death is a-comin' in.