Re: Is it possible to impersonate an identity?

On 02/21/2014 10:07 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> Well, the idea is that by having a unique key at each site the sites
> can't track you.  If sites require a verified e-mail address the
> unique key add no privacy unless you have a huge number of e-mail
> addresses. It's the classic theory versus practice :-)

Not to mention that even if that's not the case, Google Analytics, the
use of advertising networks, and evercookies make it trivial to track
someone given moderate resources. I'm not saying that it's not worth
attempting to solve the pervasive monitoring issue on the Web, just that
that is a very difficult problem to solve because of the amount of money
going into ensuring that corporations /can/ track people very accurately.

blog: The Worlds First Web Payments Workshop
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/payments/