Re: Yesterday's US Supreme Court Decision on Software Patents

There are actually quite a number of payment related patents owned by the
Open Invention Network who own patents with the explicit intention of
preventing their enforcement and giving anyone royalty-free license to use
them.
(If I understand the situation correctly)

http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/about-us/us-patents-owned-by-oin/
Nice to know!