Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

On 06/10/2014 10:29 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Being on Github doesn't make something an open standard. Basically,
> Open Source != Open Standard.

I don't think anyone has claimed that being on Github makes anything an
open standard. The implementation is open source because we wanted
people to see and understand how it works. The Identity Credentials spec
is released under the W3C Community License because we're not claiming
any IP on the solution.

These two things help when you're trying to create an open standard, and
while they're not required, it makes the act of going through the W3C
standardization process much smoother.

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/