Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

On 06/10/2014 09:35 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 6/10/14 8:05 AM, Tim Holborn wrote:
>> I wouldn’t worry about it too much.  I assume you’ve tested the
>> demo?
>
> When I am presented with a dialog asking me to abdicate control of my
>  identity via a 3rd party hosted identity card service and
> verification provider, I balk.

The Identity Credentials proposal doesn't ask you to do that at any
point. It's an option. You can use a 3rd party IdP, or you can run the
software yourself. Some people will prefer to do the former while some
will prefer to do the latter.

> My fundamental point is this:
>
> 1. mutual inclusion is good 2. using open standards (actual or de
> facto)  is good 3. decentralization is non negotiable -- nobody
> should be forced to abdicate self-hosting of identity credentials to
> a 3rd party (G+, Dropbox, OneDrive etc.. are options on the table for
> storage too, alongside other Read-Write HTTP servers).
>
> A solution that embraces the above, at its core, will be adopted at
> Web-scale. Alternatives will fail. Of that, I am 100% certain.

+1, so where's the disagreement. :)

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/