Re: USE CASE: HTTP URI denoting a Bank-Account?

On 6/4/14 4:55 AM, Dave Lampton wrote:
> Certainly not going to appear to be a problem on the surface, but I
> feel it's a vulnerability, yes.

You don't base vulnerabilities on a hunch. You have to base them on
defensible exploits.

A URI is an Identifier -- like a word .

An HTTP URI is a particular kind of Identifier -- like a term.

When you construct statements that represent relationships, each
participant (subject, predicate, object) in the relationship benefits
from being denoted by an HTTP URI. Why? Because you can de-reference a
projection of the meaning of each relationship participant via Web user
agents e.g., a browser.

In addition to the above, you have logic associated with the the
"predicate" role which determines the nature of the relationship via
entity relation semantics.

There is nothing safer than a system of statements that basically
represent entity relationships with human and machine comprehensible
entity relation semantics.

What I am stating isn't a hunch. That's how we (human beings) have
operated forever. The only issue right now is that modern computing, for
all the wrong reasons, is veering us away from the stuff we already
understand, naturally.

Long story short, RDF is a digital controlled natural language. It
allows to interact in the realm of modern computing using statements to
encode and decode information.

Of course you can denote a Bank using an HTTP URI. Likewise, a Bank (and
any other organization) would be better served augmenting existing local
identifiers with HTTP URIs (even if these are scoped to the internal
HTTP based intranet as opposed to the public Web).

Links:

[1] http://slidesha.re/QEqLZN -- RDF & Natural Language
[2] http://slidesha.re/1hF48QL -- Understanding Data
[3] http://bit.ly/1tkOWv1 -- YouID for iOS and Android (the output of
this application takes the form of artifacts that demonstrate the points
I am making above, without any RDF document content format related
distractions).

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen