Re: Coverage on BadVoltage

On 30 July 2014 11:16, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com> wrote:

> On 29 July 2014 21:48, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> > Here's an in-depth response to the piece, a response from Stuart
> > Langridge (Ubuntu One), and Bruce Lawson (Opera Evangelist and
> > "Introducing HTML5" author):
>
> Just boringly pointing out that, for W3C reasons, I'm registered on
> this mailing list under my employer's domain, but I'm not officially
> representing them here or in the link above - this is my own interest
> and opinion only.

Similarly, I should note that I'm no longer at Ubuntu One; I left Canonical
a bit over a year ago. So I'm here on my own behalf, which is easier when
one runs one's own company :-)

> http://community.badvoltage.org/t/1x21-everything-old-is-old-again/2053/27?u=msporny
> >
> > If those of you in the group are wondering about the strategic aspects
> > of the work we're doing, the post above might help explain the approach
> > we're currently taking.
>
> I'd consider editing this down and having some of it hang off
> https://web-payments.org/ - it took me lots of reading around to
> understand The Vision Thing.

I'd second this. I'm very grateful to Manu for laying out thoughts in such
detail, and having it somewhere to refer others to may be useful!

Now to carry on reading until I understand all this stuff...

sil

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!