Re: VOTE: Revised Digital Receipt Web Payments Workshop Use Cases

Use Case: A payment processor tracks mandatory financial regulatory
events and submits machine-readable information to a regulator-provided
URL to automatically meet regulatory compliance.
+1

Use Case: A customer purchases access to a service on a vendor's
website. Included in their digital receipt is a machine-readable license
(rights and responsibilities) that indicates what kind of access they've
been granted and for how long. The vendor can use this machine-readable
license to enforce access to the service.
+0 - Not required for iteration 1

Use Case: A vendor cryptographically-signs a standardized offer for a
good or service. A customer purchases the good or service from the
vendor resulting in a standardized, cryptographically signed,
machine-readable, digital receipt that is issued to the customer. The
customer or vendor may then use the receipt as a proof-of-purchase for
the good or service.
+1

Design Criteria: Don't prevent a physical version of a digital receipt
that can be verified, perhaps by printing out a QR Code on a slip of
paper with some additional information.
+1