Subject: Re: Finalizing Reservation schemas for schema.org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:34:29 +0100
From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
To: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
CC: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, PublicVocabs
<public-vocabs@w3.org>

[...]

> 2. Price information
> If price and priceCurreny are only used to indicated what was charged for the ticket (in the sense of a payment transaction), it can stay as it is.
> But if the intended use is also to indicate offers to tickets, the new http://schema.org/priceSpecification property should be used.
>
> This done properly will allow for very powerful use-cases like
>
> "An offer for a family ticket for the Bryan Adams concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre for 1-2 adults and 0-2 kids aged 0-6 years"
>
> with very little additional elements. See http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/tio/ns#family_example.
>
> Conclusion: If the properties are only used for transactions, it can stay as it is.
>

> <vth> The intention is to record what the person paid for the ticket in 'price'. I assume an offer price would be part of a http://schema.org/Offer. Perhaps the price property should be changed to 'pricePaid' or similar to clarify the difference.
> </vth>

Yes, pricePaid would be perfectly fine, and then maybe change the range
from Number to Number OR PriceSpecification, so people could use the
more advanced modeling of that type (see also the ongoing discussion on
tax information; we would then not need to duplicate efforts for
modeling tax information).