Re: Apple details secure 'touchless' e-wallet strategy in patent filing

As far as fundamentals go, this is the same sort of thing Clinkle has been
working on and what could make other third party services like Square near
irrelevant.

It's also the tech that has the greatest probability of making mobile
payments not suck, which is what we really need if we are ever to get past
card swiping technology (beware Visa!).

That said, as far as I can tell, along with NFC, it falls into the platform
wars where you have an extraordinarily difficult time getting
cross-platform integration. Payment tech needs near universality and
substantial increased ease of use to be worth a transition from a merchant
standpoint.

It's the "universality" element that is still missing here.

Jd

Joel Dietz
Founder and CEO
Evergreen | evr.gr | @fractastical <http://www.twitter.com/fractastical> |