Re: Web Payments CG Charter Proposal

Thanks Manu. Fundamentally I'm still confused as to the difference between
protocol layer stuff and "working systems that enable interoperable payment
technologies," and what standard W3C practices is (if any) when it comes to
development of "working systems."

This is probably because in my mind there is a clear conceptual difference
between the two regardless of the commonality of licensing terms and
legality.

For instance, the HTML spec(s) has a very clear distinction
between implementation (web browsers). To a certain degree this also
facilitates competition in the implementation (including for and non-profit
variants), while facilitating broad consensus in the former category.

In any case, I hate to clutter up the group with discussion of these
things, which is obviously due to my very limited understanding of W3C best
practice with respect to community groups and working groups, both
protocols and the technologies they enable.

Joel Dietz
Founder and CEO
Evergreen | evr.gr | @fractastical <http://www.twitter.com/fractastical> |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGdTV_UMOg&hd=1