Re: Web Payments CG Charter Proposal

This is an important trajectory to be on, and the timing couldn't be
better, two months ahead of the Paris workshop.

Here's a useful page on the W3C site that explains the different types of
groups under its umbrella.
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/activities

Note the precise wording for: "Community Groups enable anyone to socialize
their ideas for the Web at the W3C for possible future standardization."

More on W3C Community Groups here:
http://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/

Regarding a charter, here's an example: the Charter for the W3C Community
Group for the Web of Things:
http://www.w3.org/community/wot/charter/

A charter is valuable not essential: "A Community Group may adopt
operational agreements (recorded, for example, in the form of a charter)
that establish the group’s scope of work, decision-making processes,
communications preferences, and other operations. For example, the
agreement could establish fair and reasonable criteria for accepting
contributions in a specification, or set the group’s scope of work (e.g.,
development of educational materials or discussions about future standards
work at W3C)."

Joseph Potvin

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations