Re: Web Identity 1.0 -- Draft Spec

On 01/08/2014 02:16 AM, David I. Lehn wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> There are issues to consider when comparing SPARQL, Changeset vocab,
> JSON Patch, or other systems for triple editing.  SPARQL and the
> Changeset vocab will be able to edit linked data at a lower triples
> level.  JSON Patch may require that data be framed into a strict
> JSON-LD format so that the patch paths make sense.  That could require
> finishing the framing spec.  If you can read and write the full
> resource data then just HTTP verbs and a read-modify-write process
> could work for edits.  I imagine editing data with blank nodes is full
> of issues too.  And the ease of any approach probably depends on
> implementation details of the client and server.  It could be a
> challenge to come up with a good general solution.

especially: *I imagine editing data with blank nodes is full of issues too.*

looking at:
https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-identity/#a-typical-identity

makes me wonder how one updates shippingAddress and citizenship
information? especially that very often people can have multiple ones in
both of them.

maybe we can just modify #a-typical-identity example to at least include
two elements in shippingAddress and work with that?