Re: Deprecation Warnings for currencies used in transaction?

On 01/03/2014 02:15 AM, David Nicol wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
> <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org <mailto:perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     On 01/02/2014 08:04 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
>
>         Elf, Request for disambiguation: Are you referring to currency
>         "depreciation" (relative valuation change) or currency "deprication"
>         (phasing out)?
>
>     LOL ;-)
>
>     I meant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/__Deprecation
>     <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecation> (and added this link as
>     ref [1] in my original email)
>     "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>     Not to be confused with Depreciation.
>
>     Deprecation is a status applied to a computer software feature,
>     characteristic, or practice indicating it should be avoided,
>     typically because it is being superseded. The term is also sometimes
>     used for a feature, design, or practice that is permitted but no
>     longer recommended in other areas, such as hardware design or
>     compliance to building codes."
>

> you mean something like "You are using the Canadian Dollar. The central
> BitCoin Committee has declared a phase-out date for Canadian Dollars of
> April first, 2017. Please make appropriate plans."
I DEFINITELY don't mean any *central comities*. Once again I just would
like to make possible for *each and every individual* to clearly state
*one's own personal intention*!

Lets use example of hypothetical person name Alice who could state in
human terms and also make it to our best capacity `machine readable`: "I
transfer to you `50USD` while planing `to stop using USD within next 6
months`, that means that after mentioned period of time you will have
less possibilities to exchange USD for physical world assets (products
and services). Please feel warned!"

So *bottom up* approach NOT *top bottom*! I would like that spec and Web
Payments group do NOT state particular opinion about any given currency
just make it possible for people to express their eventual *intention of
deprecating it* as well as any other notices/warnings if someone else
here would like to suggest other examples.

I use example of hypothetical person name Alice rather then myself since
I already have quit using monetary currencies over 4 years ago. Still I
also want to *require* such deprecation warnings issued if someone wants
to use money to acquire any asset from 3rd party using monetary
currencies (at least from ISO 4217 listing) with intention of making
this asset available to me or some of various projects I work on.
Especially those projects with clear aim of supporting development of
various alternative currencies and making contribution to sooner
obsolescence of ones listed in ISO 4217.