Re: Deprecation Warnings for currencies used in transaction?

Elf, An initiative such as WebPayments can enable user choice in currency
and indexing for transaction purposes, but cannot stray into the
opinion-based role of issuing "warnings" about exchange rate fluctuations,
nor even into the realm of generating neutral indicators, since there are
plenty of existing sources for that information.

Here's the current draft summary of for how pricing indices could be
handled.
https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-price-indexes/

Note that the indices themselves (incl. exchange rates) are external to the
WebPayments work, however the WebPayment system would enable users to
select and apply their preferred indices (incl user-defined). It would
remain out-of-scope for the WebPayment system to second-guess user choices
with warnings.

Please advise if my reply is based on a misunderstanding of what you
actually meant.

Joseph Potvin

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations