Re: Zero Click Bitcoin Micropayments using HTTP 402

On 2014-12-30 00:19, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 29 December 2014 at 19:47, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com <mailto:anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2014-12-29 18:54, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>         On 12/28/14 2:05 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>
>             In addition, I don't even think the idea using HTTP 402 actually buys you anything since it
>             has no meaning in a browser (and thus for the user) which means that there must always be
>             a *proxy* involved which does the actual work.
>

>         If 402 has no meaning in the browser, how does 200 magically have meaning to said browser?
>

>     Just to verify my claim I wrote a small Servlet that returned 402.
>     Using sendError (402) IE, Chrome and Firefox returned an error page saying that "payments are needed".
>     Using setStatus (402) the same browsers did the same thing as for 200 showed the HTML page.
>
>     None of these responses has any use for payments as far as I can tell.
>

> Are you expecting 4xx to do something special?  Does 404?  Or 401 or 403?

Since it doesn't do anything that you can't equally well do with 200 + suitable message
I didn't see the point with building on 402.

> I think this is off topic.

Ok, I thought that HTTP 402 was the actual topic.

IMO, you still owe us a description on entities and flows in your scheme.
It is completely unclear to me at least.

Example:
http://webpki.org/papers/PKI/EMV-Tokenization-SET-3DSecure-WebCryptoPlusPlus-combo.pdf#page=4