Re: Zero Click Bitcoin Micropayments using HTTP 402

On 27 December 2014 at 15:16, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 2014-12-27 14:43, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>

>> On 27 December 2014 at 13:07, Anders Rundgren <
>> anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com <mailto:anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 2014-12-27 10:59, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>     <snip>
>>

>>         I think we are either agreeing or going round in circles.
>>

>>     I think you owe us a flowchart and UI description otherwise we won't
>> get forward.
>>

>>         I like the chrome extension and it could save a server URL.
>>

>>     OK, I'm less enthusiastic since it is undocumented and
>> chrome-specific.
>>

>>         This is not the only way to implement it, I'm personally using
>> X.509.
>>

>>     Which is something entirely different which I have absolutely no clue
>> about
>>     (in this context) unless you are talking about WebID-TLS where the
>> URL is
>>     a part of certificate.
>>

>> Yes it is different.  As I keep saying there's many ways to implement the
>> 402 pattern.  I'm not currently using webid+TLS but I will implement that
>> soon.  Right now, I simply use the fingerprint of the certificate as the
>> wallet URL.  So every certificate can have a balance and make authenticated
>> secure transfers.
>>
>> This works fantastically well for me, but please note my stress that it's
>> only one way to implement 402's.
>>
>> I'm sure you'll want to shoot his down, but if such a system doesnt suit
>> your needs implement it another way or implement something else.  This is
>> just a way of doing payments on the client and server that some people like.
>>

> Melvin, I don't feel an urge to shoot down anything, I just want to
> understand how things work.
> Since this list is intended for creating input to payment standards it is
> a reasonable ambition.
> I guess the other folks here then understand what you are doing, I must
> confess I still don't :-(

I'm just associating balances with browser certificates, then allowing
access to premium content to those with a positive balance, and giving a
402 to those that do not.

> To me the eternal question (in this context NB), is simply "who is doing
> what and with whom and why"
>
> The Zero Click guys certainly didn't bother much about explaining that,
> maybe it's a trade secret?

Just a proof of concept I think.