Re: P2P Payments

On 12/05/2014 10:58 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-12-05 16:54, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> On 12/05/2014 09:41 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>> Well, the WebPayment CG has a method for "neutralizing" SOP but I
>>> feel uneasy about it since it appears to be very complex.
>>> Somebody ought to spend a bit more time on this spec.
>>
>> Which spec are you referring to? The Identity Credentials stuff or
>>  the Web Commerce spec, or something else? The WebDHT stuff?
>
> I think I put out a link to the wrong spec :-( The WebDHT is the ting
> I meant...

Yep, unfortunately that "neutralizing SOP" stuff only exists as two blog
posts and a proof-of-concept implementation right now using Telehash
(not WebDHT):

http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/

source code:
https://github.com/digitalbazaar/opencred-idp/tree/master/sites

The "neutralizing SOP" bit is here:

https://github.com/digitalbazaar/opencred-idp/tree/master/sites#installing-the-login-mixnet

The login mixnet is capable of digitally signing something destined for
another website. It's not implemented right now, we may implement it
early next year. *sigh* not enough funding for that particular project
or hours in a day, so it keeps getting backburnered even though it's a
really important problem that needs to be solved.

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/