Re: P2P Payments

On 12/4/14 9:36 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 12/04/2014 04:00 PM, Daniel.Buchner wrote:
>> >1) Create a broad interface that strings together everything needed
>> >to transact payments between all the existing sources and services,
>> >then hope everyone in a huge ecosystem of non-standard,
>> >non-interoperable payments makes it happen.
>> >
>> >2) Integrate an open source, web-accessible value transmission
>> >protocol into UAs that leaps beyond existing, proprietary sources.
>> >
>> >#1 is hard, it's damn hard.
> +1

We could say the very same thing about a distributed document database
adopted by the entire planet, prior to Web inception.

The only thing that's hard is getting folks to cool down and take time
to understand component breakdown and existing architecture, seriously.

I've been integrating systems for more than 20+ years, the fundamental
issues remain the same i.e., technology vendors and programmers in
general really find being "open" challenging. I've watched the same
movie from the early days of Unix (the "open system" back in the day)
all the way to the World Wide Web.

If we take the time to understand the nature of data, data
representation, and data access, the problem becomes simple, elegant,
and mind-bogglingly dexterous. All alternatives simply boil down to a
waste of time clouded by politics, rather than actual technology :)

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO