Re: Why blockchain technology isn't that novel...

I tried to cover off my response here [1].

Essentially; if block-chains are used for something that seeks to be a form
of legal tender (meaning, money) issues surrounding 51% attacks [2] come
about.

The rest described in [1]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments/2014Apr/0185.html

[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi2thGzzNSs