Re: Strategy (the past) Re: Google payment plans

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 01:29:00 +0200
To: public-webpayments@w3.org, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:13:54 +0200, Manu Sporny
<msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 04/10/2014 06:54 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> requires more than just technology; it requires a *strategy*.
>
> Here are the problems this community has faced from the beginning, our
> strategy to overcome those problems, and how the strategy fared
> I've only picked a few large items, there have been many more smaller
> problems that required a carefully planned strategy. While these
> strategies have not always been so clearly spelled out, they
> were there. Things aren't moving as fast as any of us would like, but
> they are moving and there is progress.

Indeed. It is pretty clear that there are enough people in this group who
understand not only the need for a strategy, but the need to build
sufficiently broad-based support as part of it, and have demonstrated
capability in doing all this and achieving useful outcomes.

Thanks for the summary Manu. I agree that it is indicative rather than
exhaustive, but representative.

cheers