Re: Google payment plans

I think the day for webID is yet to be seen.  Once upon a time Netscape would have been deemed to be too big to fail, or altavista for that matter.  Google, Mozilla, etc.

Most people are completely unaware of rdf, it's use, where, what, how, etc.

Tell people relational db's are being replaced by a distributed method called rdf, send a few longish YouTube clips, they might spend a couple hours - and then get it.  Slowly...  Barriers a plenty sure.

Cimba.co great little app.  Needs a bit of help, as does rww.io / data.fm - but where do you plan to store your receipts? How will your loyalty systems work?

WebID is one part of the broader web3 Eco-system, as are standards for web-payments.

When one considers the scope of change, it is rather radical.  Most people simply will not understand till they're friends, family, children are sending requests from apps created like cimba.

Or some generic NFC card for "loyalty anywhere" with participating mum and dad retail outlets, linking pos to web-shops, to loyalty relationships with brands and end-customers changing the face of trade marketing, amongst the more boring applications of these systems.

Put simply, there are unique qualities which make these proposed systems, Eco-systems extraordinarily valuable, sustainable and a considerable improvement over our previous iterations of web-provenance, including the empires of web 2...

Re: windows phone for $0 - well, think about that.  Back in the day of the good old palm pilot, that certainly wasn't the case, yet post iOS, android and soon - Ubuntu - looks like they need more app developers I'd imagine.  What's the critical mass - number of handsets required to justify producing and supporting a mobile os?  How many more is "free" expected to get them...

Timh.

Sent from my iPad