Software Patents and the Financial Industry [WAS: Google payment plans]

+1 to Igor's comment.

Geography won't protect anyone from the software patents mess.

On this topic, see:
http://osi.xwiki.com/bin/Projects/draft-flow-syllabus#HConstraintsontheFLOWofIdeas

Meanwhile, BIG NEWS coming soon via the CLS Bank International v.
Alice Corporation case, referenced in the syllabus:
http://www.fxweek.com/fx-week/news/2338037/cls-hits-out-at-financial-industry-shakedown-by-alice-corp

Joseph Potvin
Chair, OSI Working Group on Management Education About Free/Libre/Open
Methods, Processes and Governance
Operations Manager, The Opman Company
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983