Re: Web Payments and the World Banking Conference (SIBOS)

On 09/26/2013 02:07 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:
> Thanks for a most interesting report.  Did you mention that W3C
> plans to hold a workshop on payments next year, and what was the
> response?

Yes, I did and there was interest. Keep in mind that the banks think of
the work we're doing here as a double-edged sword. They don't want
things to change, but at the same time they realize that things are
changing faster than they'd like and they don't want to be left behind.
Many were appreciative that we reached out at SIBOS and want to be
involved more deeply.

A number of international banks and standards organizations told me to
keep them in the loop wrt. to the workshop and that they would like to
attend.

I have very deep connections within SWIFT now as a result of the talks
and a workshop I ran at the Standards Forum at SIBOS. My plan is to
introduce their top management to W3C's top management and get a
dialogue going between the two standards-setting organizations. I'll be
in touch about that in a separate off-list email.

> I am travelling a lot at the moment, but would be happy to discuss
> this further on a web payments CG call in late October.

Sounds good, please do!

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/