Re: Tradehill Bitcoin exchange shut down for 2nd time in 2 years

On 09/09/2013 08:10 AM, pindar wong wrote:
>     They set some of the business
>     requirements for the application layer. There will be battles about
>     these business requirements because they really matter.
>
> Fully agree. Some were set in an era where constraints/requirements are
> no longer relevant and hence the importance of interfacing with the
> traditional banking/financial communities to help manage their
> expectations of the change that is already underway. I guess that's why
> it's important to participate in non-technical standards discussion,
> such as the IGF.

Right, and this is one of the things that makes the Web Payments group
quite different from many other groups operating at the W3C. This isn't
just about a mathematical problem that needs to be solved, there is a
large social and regulatory aspect to the problem that must be taken
into account in the solution that we create. There is a large portion of
the work that we do that has to be evangelized to the worlds financial
community as well as those that don't have the time to read these sorts
of discussions.

PaySwarm, Bitcoin, Ripple, and FirefoxOS /do/ take these concerns into
account, each in their own way.

This group must be well versed in the regulatory aspects, and it must
also be well versed in the technological aspects. We are starting to
gather people from each end of the spectrum as well as a myriad of
participants throughout the spectrum.

The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) participation from this group is
about educating world leaders about the work we're doing here and how it
can impact trade throughout the globe. It's also about bringing what we
learn from the meeting back into the technical work that this group is
doing.

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/