Re: trsst microblogging

I expect that my following two comments on the Trsst whitepaper text
are tangential to  the scope this webpayments list, but are
nevertheless relevant to this thread. If preferred, please point me to
a more appropriate location.

RE: "In that these corporations operate with license from and under
the jurisdiction of a government"

I'd suggest:
"In that these corporations operate under the jurisdiction of a government"
The original wording is correct if the word license is taken in its
colloquial sense, but in most cases, corporations operate under
"letters patent" of some sort, which is a different legal concept from
a license. In any case, the word license is not needed in the
sentence.

RE: "and allows content creators to be compensated for their work"

Two adjustments to suggest:
(a) instead of "allows" use "enables" here -- since the word "allows"
comes with a nuance of some authority, which I presume is not what you
mean.  I believe you mean that it operationalizes, correct?;
(b) The compensation matter is relevant under circumstances where a
royalty or service fee is required, which is not all cases.
Compensation is normally associated with terms of a license, So
overall I'd suggest this phrase be "and enables content creators
associate their work with licensing terms (eg royalty-based';
free/libre; etc.)"

I presume Trsst would use the webpayments standard to handle payments
for such arrangements as royalties, so I suggest leaving the
word/concept "compensation" to whatever licence might make that
requirement.

Joseph Potvin