Re: The path forward for Web Payments

On 10/22/13 7:10 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> HTTP Keys - a secure and verifiable messaging mechanism built using
> Linked Data principles to produce a distributed Public Key
> Infrastructure for the Web. We need to update this spec to match current
> implementations, but a good enough chunk of it is there and could easily
> become a first draft of an official W3C WG.

Personally, this is the core component around which everything else is
quite dependent. Keys need to be Webby or Web-like, and getting there
will benefit immensely via the de facto route.

I don't believe in preemptive standards, thus I encourage those
interested in HTTP Keys to crack down the de facto route which means
spec documentation and implementations :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO