Re: Energy as the ultimate currency (was: Re: Ripple)

Thanks Manu,
that's truly fascinating.

And thanks for engaging in this conversation of great personal interest,
which if it's hijacking this list's purpose I am happy
to move elsewhere.

(I would venture to say though that the moment we have abundant antimatter
energy creation
we may not need any currency, or better, any money, anymore.
But that's completely off-topic so let's put that aside.)

So what I'm interested in is if and how proof-of-work could be implemented
for the
 "amount of energy you have stored in the global
energy network" by *current* renewable energy creation technology.
You mention hydrogen gas, and I wonder if other solar, wind, biogas etc
would be possible as well.

Any community world-wide would be able to contribute to an
abundant money supply...

I understand it should be kind of a hardware device matching energy
generated
to a crypto-currency. I lack the mathematical background to be able to
devise how the proof-of-work should be devised though.

Or maybe I'm even misunderstanding something crucial.