Re: meeting Date and Time at TPAC2013

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:36:22 +0100, Manu Sporny
<msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 11/04/2013 01:08 AM, Mountie Lee wrote:
>> do we have another meeting at TPAC2013 except Wednesday 15 minutes
>> session?
>
> Meetings at W3C TPAC are typically reserved for established W3C Working
> Groups (we're not an officially sanctioned group yet). There is a two
> day unconference session where we'll try to get on the Agenda, but it'll
> be completely up to the attendees to pick us as a topic that gets to
> present.

Well, it's easy to get to present, the question is whether anyone turns up.

> I have a number of private meetings with companies and WG Chairs related
> to the Web Payments work, but those are mostly to get other companies
> that don't want to be publicly identified up to speed with what's going
> on here. If there are enough Web Payments folks, we can have a BoF at
> the conference, but we won't know if there is enough critical mass until
> we're all there.

For what it's worth I will be there and will be interested in turning up
to something, e.g. an unconf session. I'm a bit behind, but with Yandex
Money we are at least interested in where the topic has got to in W3C...

> Also keep in mind that this is probably not going to be a very well
> attended TPAC because 1) It's hard/expensive to get to, and 2) The
> Chinese Visa application process can be a pain for some.

Not for chinese people though (unlike getting to France or the USA)...

cheers

Chaals