Re: Funding campaign for Linked Data / Web Payments is ready

On 05/18/2013 12:40 AM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> In the document, I believe that the sentence "The work also deals
> with cutting edge technology like Bitcoin, crypto-currencies, ... in
> the way of the Web." should be replaced with "The work also deals
> with cutting edge technologies like Bitcoin, .... in the way of the
> Web."

Fixed.

> Does this sentence need to be repeated twice? "Note that if we do not
> raise enough funding, not all of these projects will be attempted."

Moved it into the risks section and expanded upon it.

> "To show up higher in Google search rankings" This makes me
> uncomfortable because I am aware of efforts to decrease manipulation
> of search rankings such as in Google Penguin and before.

Re-worded this.

> Secondly, I know Google is providing support for GSoC, but could this
> statement be unfair to other search providers?

I included other search engines in the text now.

Thanks for the feedback, Brent - let me know what you think of the updates:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/code-for-the-web-linked-data-and-web-payments/

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/