Re: Preview: KickStarter for Linked Data and Web Payments

On 05/18/2013 05:38 AM, Tim Becker wrote:
> Don't want to be too negative, but it seems very fluffy and
> non-concrete. From the text it doesn't become clear to me what is
> actually being propose by whom:

I've updated the page with answers to some of your questions. Keep in
mind that you looked at the old page, the new page is here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/code-for-the-web-linked-data-and-web-payments/

> Who are the interns?

We can't say (because we don't know how many of them we'll be able to
accept), but I explain why on the page now.

> Who are the world class mentors?

Added the mentors that have accepted the position.

> And what are they proposing to build?

That's listed on this page now:

> Is this a Digital Bazaar, Inc. project, Manu Spory's personal thing
> or an official W3C campaign?

Also answered on the page now.

> Who's "we"? It's not really clear who is the beneficiary of this
> campaign. Similarly non-concrete: who are these mentors and why don't
> you introduce the actual "world class students"?

This is now covered in the document.

> I think it would be beneficial to name the "specific projects" and
> link to where W3C has identified these as big payoff projects
> (whatever that is).

Links are now included, let me know if you would like more of an
explanation.

> The students have already submitted detailed project proposals that
> have been approved by the W3C mentors.
>
> Provide links to these.

We can't because doing so would tie them to a student that may not get
funded. The W3C, nor Google, wants us making these announcements until
after the official announcements are sent out.

> I certainly wouldn't trust it. Sorry to be so harsh.

It was good feedback. Let me know if we've addressed all of your
concerns, or if there are still things on the page that should be
clarified further in order to convey that this is a legitimate project.

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/