Re: Funding campaign for Linked Data / Web Payments is ready

Manu,

I have discovered with the W3C that if you are willing to work hard and you
post things that are thoughful then you will generally get a response.
Sometimes you will get a response from people if you e-mail them directly,
although not always. You can even participate in bi-weekly teleconferences.
I have never been fortunate enough to be part of the Google Summer of Code.
I would guess that the mentors check weekly on the students status, and are
more actively involved in projects than those that occur on the mailing
lists. You even have three mentors, which sounds crazy given the skill
level of the people at the w3c. To survive without the GSoC you basically
have to become addicted to spending time on the web, you have to know how
to learn, and you need a support group with friends who will listen to you
and challenge you. Thus, the GSoC is unique and valuable.

In the document, I believe that the sentence "The work also deals with
cutting edge technology like Bitcoin, crypto-currencies, ... in the way of
the Web." should be replaced with
"The work also deals with cutting edge technologies like Bitcoin, .... in
the way of the Web."

This is a legitimate statement. It is very hard to stay alive.
"However, none of this can happen without you. If you want these sorts of
advanced features and open source publishing tools added to the Web, fund
this project, and make it happen!"

Does this sentence need to be repeated twice?
"Note that if we do not raise enough funding, not all of these projects
will be attempted."

>From the video...

Good start: "If you're watching this video you are one of the two billion
people that uses the web." It catches your attention, as it was intended
for sure.

"To show up higher in Google search rankings" This makes me uncomfortable
because I am aware of efforts to decrease manipulation of search rankings
such as in Google Penguin and before. Secondly, I know Google is providing
support for GSoC, but could this statement be unfair to other search
providers?

The video was very professional, as is typical.