Re: Preview: KickStarter for Linked Data and Web Payments

Hi Manu

Great idea.
I think your bulk-of-the-page 'why it's amazing' paragraphs need a
more concise lead paragraph.

And I think you have just the paragraph near the end, which I'd
suggest moving up to the 2nd paragraph. Then put a title,
"Details/Background" or something, before the rest.

So, the page I suggest would start like this:

[Title under picture as it is now, then:]

"We are bringing together some of the brightest minds that build the
technology for the Web, with the best students from around the globe,
to build fantastic publishing tools for web developers and content
creators on the Web.

"Each student will get a stipend of approximately $5,000 for the
summer, and will be guided by an unpaid mentor that is actively
participating in standardization and technology creation work at the
W3C. There are specific projects that the W3C has outlined as being
big payoff projects. The students have already submitted detailed
project proposals that have been approved by the W3C mentors. We are
trying to raise enough money for 4 more paid internships ($22,000).
The project has 3 stretch goals. For every stretch goal achieved, we
can add one new student to the project.

Details/Background:
"So, here's the deal. Google runs a project called the Google Summer
of Code that brings together top students from around the globe to
create free software for the world. The World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C), the people that create the architecture for the Web,
participated in the program this year and were flooded with a deluge
of really exceptional students who wanted to participate in the
program. The only problem is that there are far more amazing students
that applied to the W3C than Google can afford to pay through their
Summer of Code program...."

etc. etc.

Steven R.