Re: HTTP Signatures draft published at IETF

On 5/7/13 2:12 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 7 May 2013 19:01, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com
> <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 05/07/2013 04:04 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>     > Yeah, I'll ping Julian Reschke or Mark Nottingham about it to see if
>     > we can update the HTTP header field easily.
>     >
>     > +1
>     >
>     > There have been proponents of this for many years e.g. Toby, Nathan,
>     >  Kingsley, myself ... just need to get the spec tweaked to
>     > distinguish between strings and URIs.
>
>     Do one of you want to take the lead on this? :)
>

> Sure, I would be happy to.  Kingsley already asked Mark Nottingham
> about this last month.  Im unsure what the most productive next steps
> should be.
Mark,

Another dimension to the same issue.

We can loosen the HTTP spec requirements for "From:" without disrupting
existing products that assume the header value is an Email address.

All:

Do we have any data about how broad current use of "From:" actually is?

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO