Re: [goodrelations] semantically modelling a balance

On 8 May 2013 08:52, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:

> Manu:
>
> The quick answer is that GoodRelations does not cover monetary
> transactions.
> You could, in theory, model monetary amounts by reusing the
> PriceSpecification class, but at least currently, there is no super-class
> gr:MonetaryAmount. We may add that at some point.

Thanks, in that case I'll use Manu's suggestion.

> What you could model with GoodRelations is the offer to carry out monetary
> transactions (e.g. currency conversion services), but the focus here would
> be on the terms and conditions of the service, and not on the service
> itself.

That is something that could be very interesting to model, especially with
the recent rise of ripple.

> May I also kindly ask you to continue this thread in the Web Payments
> forum if it no longer deals with GoodRelations issues, since many
> subscribers to the GoodRelations list are mainly interested in how to use
> GoodRelations and understandably unhappy with off-topic discussions?

Apologies if this thread has drifted off topic wrt GR, was just a quick
radar check to see if I could reuse something existing.

Will contining on webpayments only.