Re: A proposal for a decentralized, peer-reviewed academic journal system for the Web

"
Mathematicians aim to take publishers out of publishing
http://www.nature.com/news/mathematicians-aim-to-take-publishers-out-of-publishing-1.12243"

"Many mathematicians — and researchers in other fields — claim that they
already do most of the work involved in publishing their research. At no
cost, they type up and format their own papers, post them to online
servers, join journal editorial boards and review the work of their peers.
By creating journals that publish links to peer-reviewed work on servers
such as arXiv, Demailly says, the community could run its own publishing
system."