Re: The Earth Reserve Index [WAS: Energy as the ultimate currency (which was: Re: Ripple)

On 12/14/13 5:25 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
> http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/documents/449
> http://www.projectmanagementhotel.com/attachments/6029/ERindex_conops_15dec2013PDF.pdf
>
>  Just two pages are terribly dense, sorry.  Would be very grateful
> for feedback, brief or detailed, critical or otherwise.

Joseph,
Is there only that PDF? (I'm hoping for an HTML version).

If so, I did find it too crammed to read (page leading, paragraph
indents, space between paragraphs, etc.). If it was easy going, or not
important, I wouldn't complain. But it seems to be both important and
grammatically dense; it taxes my brain even if not crammed together so
that it's physically hard to read.

Example, the second sentence:

"An ER Index is constructed from a selection of
independently-verifiable geo-spatial
time-series biophysical indicators that reflect relative trends in
ecosystem integrity and resource availability."

You've got a noun with *seven* adjective modifiers there (if you count
the parts of the compound words), and as a naive reader I'll need all
the help I can get not to bog down right there and bail out. In fact I
did bail out.  ;-)

I apologize if it seems I'm being picky, but there's my feedback.  :-)

Steven Rowat