Re: Input needed: US Federal Reserve Payments Position Paper

On 12/09/2013 04:04 PM, Joseph Potvin wrote:
> If you look at the rest of that section "Government Regulatory
> Environment", my recommended text referring to an existing IMF
> guideline seems by far the most conservative statement in there.
>
> Should a W3C group be shy about recommending alignment with existing
> international standards and guidelines?

No it shouldn't, but remember, this isn't the payments group talking,
it's just me and anyone else that wants to put their name on the paper.
We should push standards usage as long as it doesn't detract from the
primary message. What about saying something to this effect:

Adoption of these Web-based payment technologies will not only address
the problems outlined in the payment improvements paper, but also
improve alignment with international financial transparency initiatives
like [insert IMF, WTO, ISO/IEC stuff here].

http://blog.meritora.com/launch/