Re: Intro

On 23 August 2013 18:05, Margaux Avedisian <margaux.r.a@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just recently joined the group. My background is from the startup world
> on the business side opposed to technical. I've known about Bitcoin for a
> while but really got into it when I helped relaunch the first American
> digital currency exchange as VP of Business Development and Client
> Services, Tradehill.  I then was CEO and Co-founder of another digital
> currency exchange. Now I'm semi doing some things with mobile (hopefully
> within the remittance market). My passion is in payments with an emphasis
> on reducing the fees for the remittance market.
>
> What I like about Bitcoin is that it is a settlement method. It's
> decentralized. I don't need a bank account. It is relatively fast and cheap
> to send. Starting exchanges has made me pretty well versed in the current
> regulations, and I rather go over and beyond for compliance. The anonymous
> component doesn't interest me and with how the regulations are going in the
> US, I doubt it will stay that way.
>
> I think bitcoin can change the world and I've been a huge advocate-
> whether in my day to day life or featured in a couple of documentaries. Here
> is a trailer <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3haBibXWc> that I'm in and
> it may be at Sundance. I'm not an engineer and I'm able to communicate well
> with the general public. I remember the first time I heard about Bitcoin
> and it took me a bit to wrap my head around it. I'm excited to learn more
> about what this group is doing and hope I can help in some way.

Hi Margaux & Welcome to the group!

I've been interested in bitcoin since almost the start.  I actually have
just returned from the Berlin Bitcoin Exchange where I met quite a few
interesting members of the bitcoin community.  I think I have interested
some to join this group and one in particular is interested in helping me
work on the bitcoin ontology which will enable bitcoin concepts be
translated to machine readable formats such as HTML+RDFa.

Looking forward to interacting! :)