Re: Interview: Kipochi founder Pelle Braendgaard

On 8/8/13 7:03 PM, Kumar McMillan wrote:
>> We are not accepting payment orders via SMS. We only authenticate
>> users via incoming SMS. There is no need to trust SMS messages
>> received from them.
>
> ok, thanks, I understand it better. The bitcoin wallet is not *on* the
> phone, it's stored on a web server like other online wallets.
Storage on the Web is not implicitly safe. Today, you have a third party
(aka. Bank) holding on to you coins, look at what's happened there.

The safest best is storage on a device you control. The allure of
perceived convenience re. online solutions is the shortest route to
compromise.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen