Re: the terms for to and from

On 29 November 2012 18:46, Pelle Braendgaard <pelle@stakeventures.com>wrote:

> via would be the one to use if it's necessary.
>
> I personally can't see the need for it though in a TCP/IP world where
> everything is in theory directly connected.
>
> That said I don't understand all the web credits use cases.

Hi Pelle.  Yes, I've had a bit of feedback along these lines.  What I am
going to do is write up some user stories.

The main idea of webcredits is a clean modular separation of concerns.  You
might think of a full payment system to be like a car, whereas webcredits
is the engine.  However there are circumstances where webcredits can be
used as standalone, for example, if you are dealing with trusted parties.

One thing we've learnt working with identity over the years, is that a
clean separation of components can fit together to make a system.  So for
example authentication can be handled in a number of ways and a good
standardization should allow you to swap in and swap out the ones you
need.  So in the case of OpenTransact it could be OAuth for authentication
and the OpenTransact for the API.

IMHO, part of standardization should try and achieve a few high level
functional engineering goals ... e.g. loose coupling, non collision of
APIs, clean modular design.  In this way we can take different parts that
people work on and reuse them in particular use cases and workflows.

Does that make a bit more sense?