Re: Crowdfunding: Assurance variations

Hi, David,

David, you wrote:

> I don't get how funding bonuses in case of failure -- betting against the
> project -- helps the project.

Because:
>> The contributions and the pot both count toward the goal.

Despite having written this, I think my description is not clear
because, in other places, it seems to separate the pot from the
contributions. Thanks for bringing out this confusion with your
question.

Now for your minor points:
The only people who are "betting against the project" are contributors
who make a claim on the pot with a positive bonus rate rather than
contribute to the pot with a negative rate. People bet different ways,
but they all contribute. So the only people truly betting against the
project are non-participants.

Collecting interest is possible but not necessary.

Andrew