Agenda: Web Payments Telecon - Tuesday, July 10th 2012

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:57:37 -0400
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
During the call two weeks ago we discussed expressing alternative
currencies and currency creation via currency mints. Let's continue the
discussion we've been having about alternative currency support this
week - focusing on strategies to reduce hoarding of decentralized
currencies (inflation, currency expiration), and how to do fixed
allocation (digital bills and coins) vs. dynamic allocation (digital
wallets with built-in checkpointing).

If there are any updates or changes to the Agenda, please send them to
the mailing list before the telecon or mention them at the beginning of
the call.

The dial-in information as well as minutes and audio logs of previous
meetings can be found here:

http://payswarm.com/minutes/

==========
Tuesday, July 10th 2012
Time: 1800 UTC, 11am San Francisco, 2pm Boston, 7pm London
Digital Bazaar Telecon Bridge
SIP: payswarm@digitalbazaar.com
Phone US: +1.540.961.4469 x6300
irc://freenode.net/#payswarm
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: Longley, Manu, Jeff, Lehn
==========

Agenda

1. Reducing hoarding of decentralized currencies
2. Fixed allocation vs. Dynamic allocation of currency amounts
3. The final Transaction Algorithm
   *
http://payswarm.com/specs/ED/web-payments/2012-01-30/#the-transaction-process
4. The final Decentralized Settlement Algorithm
   *
http://payswarm.com/specs/ED/web-payments/2012-01-30/#the-decentralized-settlement-process

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Which is better - RDFa Lite or Microdata?
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/mythical-differences/