Re: Web Payments Telecon Minutes for 2012-01-13

From: David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:23:07 -0600
To: opentransact@googlegroups.com
Cc: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
4.1.3 Internet Standard A specification *for which significant
implementation and successful operational experience has been obtained* may
be elevated to the Internet Standard level. An Internet Standard (which may
simply be referred to as a Standard) is characterized by a high degree of
technical maturity and by a generally held belief that the specified
protocol or service provides significant benefit to the Internet
community.<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2026#section-4.1.3>

I was talking about standards-track RFCs, not any other track with a lower
bar.