Re: The difference between PaySwarm and OpenTransact

SOAP and it's associated standards often known as WS-* created a very
complicated standard on top of HTTP.

It was filled with complex concepts, vocabularies etc and attempted to
reinvent everything to fit into it's large model about how the world should
be.

It was particularly ridiculed when they created a "SOAP Resource
Representation Header" spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-soap12-rep-20040428/

Which was jokingly called HTTP over SOAP.

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/05/01/SRRH

Rest on the other hand is web native and simple.

It's about resources and actions you perform on it.

OpenTransact uses the concept of Assets as the resources. Payment itself is
a simple restful action on an asset.

PaySwarm like SOAP builds a complex world view and eco system that requires
reinventing TLS, OAuth (but not really as you said yourself) and creates a
heavy conceptual model for developers and consumers a like to deal with.

--
http://picomoney.com - Like money, just smaller
http://stakeventures.com - My blog about startups and agile banking